Ένα υπέροχο αμερικάνικο ανοιξιάτικο γλυκό θυμίζει λεμονόπιτα ή cheesecake μόνο που δεν έχει τυρί αλλά ζαχαρούχο γάλα και κρόκους αυγών . Enjoy.. 😊
• 4 egg yolks
• 400ml condensed milk
• 6 tbsp fresh lime juice (about 5 limes’ worth)
• 200ml double cream
• Lime zest (optional), to serve
• 12 digestive biscuits
• 45g caster sugar
• 135g melted unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 175C/gas 3. For the pie crust, lightly grease a 22cm (across the top) metal or glass pie dish with a little of the melted butter. Blend digestive biscuits, caster sugar and remaining melted butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer to pie dish and spread over the bottom and up the sides, firmly pressing the mixture down. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and place dish on a wire rack to cool.
2. For the filling, whisk the egg yolks in a bowl. Gradually whisk in condensed milk until smooth. Mix in lime juice, then pour filling into pie crust and level over with the back of a spoon.
3. Return to the oven for 15 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
4. To serve, whip cream until it just holds stiff peaks. Add dollops of cream to the top of the pie, and grate over some lime zest, for extra zing.